In order to deregister a vehicle at offices of BASE, the following requirements must be fulfilled:
- The vehicle must be paying taxes to a municipal area that delegated tax administration to BASE.
Consult your municipal area
- Only natural persons may complete this formality. Legal entities must attend Dirección General de Tráfico (Highway Administration).
- This formality may not be completed for untaxed/immobilized vehicles.
- Permanent deregistrations may only be completed for missing vehicles that, having not been previously deregistered, are going to now.
Check requirements established by Dirección General de Tráfico.
- Deregistration request signed by the owner of the vehicle. Where there is more than one owner, it should be signed by all of them.
- The original of the registration certificate or driving licence and the vehicle licence, or a sworn statement in proof of loss.
- DNI (Identity card) original and photocopy of the vehicle owner or owners.
- If a representative is sent to the completion:
- The original and photocopy of the representative’s DNI.
- A properly completed representative authorisation.
- If the vehicle licence or permit has been stolen:
- A photocopy of the report to the police.
- If the vehicle has any seizure order:
- Authorisation signed by the person or body issuing the order.
The vehicle is exempt from Dirección General de Tráfico taxes payment, according to Ley (Law) 16/1979, October 2, based on the following assumptions:
- Once the Scrapping Certificate has been provided, issued by a centre that has been approved to destroy it.
- Once the vehicle is over 15 years old.